Tuesday, May 03, 2005

So I finally started one...

This is going to be my blog. Blog blog blog. Nothing too exciting, I am just avoiding studying for my Neurosciences exam which is tomorrow at 9 am. I have already decided that I am not going to be able to study all of the material for the exam. In medical school, there is always more that you can study, always another source to review, or another book to read. I have just learned to deal with it, and I know that I am ok with mediocrity.

Some of you might scream and yell that today's doctors shouldn't be okay with being average (or slightly below) as the balance of life and death will be in our hands. To this I say that you need to understand that anyone who gets through their undergraduate courses, does well enough on the MCAT, survives medical school and all of the national licensing exams will be a fine doctor. I am just saying that I value my quality of life over studying a little more. I have probably studied more this week than I did all through high school, and definitely more than I ever did during an entire semester in college. I just don't feel like studying for 5 more hours to get maybe 5 more points on an exam is going to be worth it. Besides, all of the classroom material that we are forced to study will be forgotten by ANY doctor once they have spent 5 years in their specialty. I guarantee it.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Amen. That's how I feel about law school. You couldn't have articulated it any better. :)

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting the blog, and thanks for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home