Saturday, July 23, 2005

India is right...

I have been absolutely horrid at keeping this blog up recently, but I do have some excuses. I guess namely, I was in Alabama for a week, then I was distracted by Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince and my niece and nephew, whom I have babysat three days in a row now.

I am actually heading out right now to look at new vehicles, yesterday I drove the new Volkswagon Jetta and the Hyundai Elantra. While the Elantra is much more in my price range, the Jetta was really nice. Alot of cool bells and whistles.

Today I am going to look at Toyota (the Camry and Corolla) and Honda (Civic). Any suggestions regarding these cars? Has anyone driven these and had good/bad experiences?

Stay tuned, I will in the future reflect on Emma's wedding, Matt and Steph, Harry Potter, and Jury Duty.


*** UPDATE***
Just in case you are wondering, the current mileage on the 95 Ford Taurus POS is currently 171,556.2 The competition is still open on when the original transmission will die. You can either submit your guess here or to me via AOL instant messenger. Frosty beverage to the person who guesses the closest without going over. The car is going to my sister when I purchase a new one, so it will be possible to determine a winner.

5 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FWIW, I absolutely love my Jetta and have had zero problems with it since I got it in May 2004. I think the new Jetta is even more gorgeous than my own is and considerably roomier to boot.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I agree, the Jetta is a gorgeous vehicle. The car is very well made, and has all the little "extras" that none of the other cars I have looked at have. From the extra space in the trunk to the middle arm rest that I can adjust so that it fits me right, the gentlemen and women at Volkswagon really did a great job. Unfortunately, I think it's just a little bit out of my price range. I do plan, however, to go at somepoint this week and see how low they will go.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Well my family is a Toyota family for the last 25 years. I have a Camry and have driven a Corolla. Both of them are very realiable (they often win realiability tests for JD Power or Consumer Reports or whomever). I never had any problems with them other then normal maintenance. The Corolla may not be flashy but it works and the Camry can be really nice depending on what kind of options you get.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Chetna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Chetna said...

I looked at the same cars when I bought my car (except the Elantra) but I also looked at Nissans. I think they are excellent cars and better priced than comparable ones. Look at the Altimas or Sentras.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home